First Degree – Shoden Courses
15th – 16th July 2017
26th – 27th August 2017
£180 per person. A deposit of £80 will be required to book your place.
Over the weekend of the course we will share traditional Reiju blessings, taught in many esoteric Japanese teachings, these ‘blessings’ help us to focus and feel the energetic connection within us.
Before beginning to practice traditional teachings, it is important for the student to understand the Japanese elements of the system of Reiki, without true understanding the student will not be brought to the correct state of mind. The Shoden course covers all these elements in detail on both days.
The translation of Shoden means the ‘Entrance’ or the ‘Beginning ‘ and introduces the student to the practice of healing the self through meditation and deep breathing. Treating family and friends as well as ‘self’ brings this energetic system together, taking the teachings within instead of externalising them.
Book this course
How to book
1. Register your interest. Jenny will confirm course availability.
2. Make a payment. Your place is not confirmed until the required deposit is paid. Jenny will confirm your place once payment is received.
1. Register your interest
2. Make a payment
Once Jenny has confirmed availability, please make a payment to secure your place. To make a payment now, please click the button below. You will be redirected to PayPal.
- Getting to know each other
- Explanation of what Reiki (Spiritual Energy) is and how it works.
- History and life of Reiki and Mikao Usui.
- Explanation of the five elements of the system of Reiki are: Precepts, hands-on healing, meditations, symbols, mantras, and Reiju.
- Joshin Koku Ho (breathing meditation).
- Kenyoku Ho (dry bathing meditation).
- How to perform Hands-on Self healing.
- Energy Exercises (learning about different energies).
- Hands on Healing.
- Demonstration on treating others.
- Self Healing meditation.
- Discussion and questions on the first day course.
- Further discussion on the Precepts.
- 20 minutes of hands on Self healing.
- Further hands on healing on others.
- Group Hands on Healing. ( one student lies down while 2 or 3 work on intuitive hands-on healing.
We will end the day calmly and peacefully.
After the Course has ended you can contact Jenny by telephone or email her for on-going support, this can be about the Course or experiences and questions about Reiki.
Reiki sharing groups are held every month/6 weeks and involve meditation, chanting, and sharing reiki treatments.
There is also time for discussion regarding the student’s Reiki journey and any experiences or problems are talked through within the group.
An MP3 is available that contains the course details and meditations. On completion of the course a certificate will be given and also a comprehensive manual.